When you discuss with some corporate business people, you will be stunned to discover that most of them will attribute their successes to composing a functional and effective vision statement that guides the organization. A goal they have seen their business achieve. A vision statement therefore is a plan that you have carved out for the future development of your organization. This statement inspires you to have this image in your heart all the time. It allows you to work better every day in your office. This also inspires the decision you make in life.
Moreover, some big companies believe that without the vision statement it is highly impossible for your business to be effective. However, it is pretty easy to draft a functional vision statement, if you have in your head what you want your business to achieve in the nearest future.
When you analyse any vision statement, you will be quick to discover that it is somewhat a short-term vision. A short-term vision ranging from about one to five years. It defines a plan for the future. It is as well a good idea to have a personal vision statement to guide one’s life. These are useful to guide you when you meet obstacles on your journey of life.
The following are simple steps to guide you when crafting a vision statement for your yourself or your organization.
- Study your mission statement before writing a vision statement. In companies, this refers to the statement guiding the reasons for the existence of the company.
- You have to dream big in order to write an excellent vision statement. Your vision statement may not be the most realistic but it has to be able to push you harder towards your goals and even much more. It is essential to ensure you achieve some portion of this vision in reality as you progress. Have a mental picture of where you intend to be sooner than later.
- It is not a bad idea to see how other draft their vision statement if you are unsure of what to do. Carefully study them and learn how best you can put these vision statements together.
- You will probably do yourself a lot of good if you list your company’s goals beforehand. You need to know the goals of your company. This will inspire you write the position you foresee the company to be in the nearest future.
- You cannot work alone. Bring other employees in your organization on board and ask them where they likely see or imagine the company to be in the future. Work together especially the people in the higher echelons of your organization. The core management group will be able to come up with something exciting about the organization. Brainstorm with the group and get a common vision statement that is endearing for the whole organization.
- Imagine and form a view of how you want your target audience and public in general to perceive the organization. Write out about six statements that perfectly fit into your claims and promises on advertisements as well as investor documents.
- This is not the final stage. After drafting these vision statement. You need to circularise it amongst your friends and family as well as your colleagues in other companies who will freely offer their friendly but critical and professional views about the perceived effectiveness of the vision statement.
Having done everything to this stage, start to promote and give it much attention in different documents of your organization. It must feature vividly in all your internal documents. This will get the idea into your employees’ head as quickly as possible. The whole process is easy when you know what to do. You can get in touch with us if you want professionals to draft this important document for you by clicking https://www.bussinessplanpro.com/contact-us-style-one/